|Opening||aug 01, 2017|
|Closing||aug 06, 2017|
1 Hour and 40 Minutes.
Every once in a while a Broadway musical comes along that surprises, moves and excites audiences in ways only a truly landmark musical can. The “groundbreaking” “uplifting” and “exquisite” new musical Fun Home was the event of the Broadway season, receiving raves from critics and audiences alike, winning five 2015 Tony Awards including Best Musical, and making history along the way. Based on Alison Bechdel’s best-selling graphic memoir, Fun Home introduces us to Alison at three different ages, as she explores and unravels the many mysteries of her childhood. A refreshingly honest musical about seeing your parents through grown-up eyes, “Fun Home is extraordinary, a rare beauty that pumps fresh air into Broadway.” (New York Times)
Should I see it?
While Fun Home is accessible to many ages, it's not recommended for young children under 13 due to adult themes.
- Radiating Happiness! Fun Home's Abby Corrigan Sings 'Changing My Major' in Rehearsal
- Fun Home's Kate Shindle on Becoming Alison Bechdel, Balancing Her Activism & Being Underestimated as a Miss America
- Moving Day! Kate Shindle, Robert Petkoff & More Preview the National Tour of Fun Home
- Broadway.com #LiveatFive with Robert Petkoff of Fun Home's National Tour
Fun Home Cast & Creative
- Music Jeanine Tesori
- Book and Lyrics Lisa Kron